Exploring the Features and Benefits offered by the EPS Foam Traffic Shield
EPS Foam Facts
- The lifespan of EPS foam is long, potentially unlimited.
- EPS foam is recyclable.
- EPS foam does not contain chlorofluorocarbon (CFC), hydrochlorocarbon (HFC), or formaldehyde.
- EPS foam does not contribute to the growth of mold or mildew.
- EPS foam is manufactured in accordance with ASTM C578.
To learn more about the science relating to EPS foam and the Environment, we invite you to read publications produced by the EPS Industry Alliance.
Features and Benefits Specific to Motorists and Workzone Laborers
- Eliminates motorist distractions from on-coming headlight glare.
- Protects motorists from water spray created by opposing traffic.
- Prevents accidents caused by motorist gawking and rubbernecking.
- Protects workzone crews from injuries caused by dust, dirt, and flying debris – e.g. impact projectiles.
- Protects workzone crews from excessive noise.
Features and Benefits enjoyed by Highway Construction Contractors
Our EPS Traffic Shields have been designated as satisfactory for use on California State Highways as temporary GAWK/Glare Screens, and included on the Caltrans Authorized Materials list (AML).
- Replaces traditional wooden or plastic materials that employ metal posts, screws, and bolts for creating a safe, protected workspace.
- Peace of Mind in knowing the highest quality and safest Traffic Shields on the Market are also professionally installed by the original manufacturer.
- Available for both temporary and permanent installation applications.
- Eliminates dangerous, ugly, expensive – and in too many cases, largely ineffective – Gawk & Glare Screeens.
- EPS Traffic Shields are 75% lighter than current products on the market.
- A protective finish armored with polyurea-protective coating – no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC).
- Polyurea Coating color-matched to specification for any project.
- Easily stacked for shipment and storage.
- Store outside in any climate.
- UV protected, and resists salts, chlorides, and corrosion.
- Safe installation design allows panel installation from the non-traffic facing side of the panel; no need to block a traffic lane.
- Easy installation – can be easily mounted onto any concrete barrier or designed to fit onto any plastic traffic management barrier.
- Low installation costs for purchased Traffic Shields. No installation or deinstallation cost for rented Traffic Shields.
- Low maintenance cost option for purchased Traffic Shields. No maintenance cost for rented Traffic Shields.
- No inventory at project end for rented Traffic Shields; an inherent benefit that avoids inventory shrinkage.
- Installable for a variety of applications, e.g. – K-rails and the many types of Traffic Barriers – also known as Armco Barriers, Guardrails, and Crash Barriers.